A very light loading of BLACK – CHENG Base Pigments is added to CHENG D-FRC Concrete Mix to produce this grey concrete color.
Here is a short list of materials you’ll need to gather in order to make the light grey concrete color sample shown in the photo above:
- 1.5% Loading or 6 oz for each 50lb bag of CHENG D-FRC Concrete Mix
- This light grey concrete color sample was polished with 100 grit thru 1500 grit polishing pads using a wet polisher equipped with CHENG Professional Diamond Polishing Pads.
- We chose the CHENG Concrete Countertop Sealer to seal our concrete color samples.
Related How-to Guides:
Click on the links below to learn more about the techniques used to make this concrete color sample.
Learn how to seal concrete with the CHENG Concrete Sealer.
Learn how to make custom concrete colors.
Some of the terms used while discussing this light grey concrete color sample might be unfamiliar to you. So please take a moment to read the following term definitions.
- “Loading” indicates how much color or pigment is required as a percentage of the total cement content. For example: if your concrete mix design calls for 5% color loading and there are 100 pounds of cement in your mix, you would add 5 lbs of color or pigment to achieve the specified color.
- “Formulation” indicates the quantities of each individual pigment as a percentage of the entire batch of concrete color. The accumulated percentages of the individual pigments MUST add-up to 100%. Example: 80% Red Pigment + 15% Blue Pigment + 5% Black Pigment = 100%.
- “Cement” When calculating pigment loads it is very important to identify exactly how much of the concrete is cement. Many people intermix the terms concrete and cement, but the distinction is very important when preparing a custom concrete color.
Color reproduction may vary depending upon your Internet hardware and software settings. We recommend casting samples prior to casting any project. Cement sources, aggregate condition, and other variables will impact the final color of concrete. The colors shown here are representational only and should not be used as a basis for exact color matching.